***OVH Equine Coronavirus policy as of March 17***
With government advice changing on an almost daily basis, OVH Equine would like to update our clients on our current policies regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
We are doing everything we can to limit the spread of the disease, but we do require your assistance and we ask that you read and adhere to the following guidelines.
1. When booking visits reception staff will ask some general questions about the client's Covid 19 status. Are you or any staff on your premises self-isolating? Do you have a persistent cough? Do you have a fever of above 37.8F ? Have you travelled to a high risk Country (as published on GOV.UK recently - in particular Italy, France, Switzerland, Spain. If the answer is YES to any of these questions then can someone else (of lower potential risk) present the animal(s) for examination? Someone who has answered YES to any of the above questions and cannot provide an alternative person to handle the animal will NOT be allowed to enter veterinary premises at this time.
2. We will ask the client to confirm immediately before the appointment their health status in relation to Covid-19 has not changed.
3. There will be no physical contact with clients i.e. hand shaking will be discontinued. We will wear disposable examination gloves at all times.
4. Any horse that requires involved procedures requiring more than a single vet will be asked to come in the hospital if it is fit to travel.
5. We will continue to run appointments at the hospital but we would prefer if your horse can be accompanied by only ONE person for the initial consult. If further evaluation/ diagnostics/ treatment is required we will ask you to leave your horse with us and wait in your horsebox/car. A nurse will return your horse to you upon completion of the appointment.
6. We have hand sanitiser available in reception and in our consult areas and we ask that you make use of this.
7. As recommended by WHO we would appreciate if you could pay with card rather than cash.
8. During your visit you may see staff members cleaning and disinfecting areas of the practice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but we believe these preventative measures will help to reduce the risk to both our clients and staff.
9. Please rest assured that we will continue to be open to emergencies AT ALL TIMES and we will deal with these in the same way as we do currently.